Friday, October 21, 2016

Dolores Catania Explains Her Unconventional Relationship with Ex-Husband Frank


BravoTV.com:
Dolores Catania and her ex-husband Frank Catania are no longer married, but sometimes it almost seems like they're still together on The Real Housewives of New Jersey. They own businesses together, Frank led the remodeling of Dolores' home, and he even continues to manage her finances. 

This is something the RHONJ newbie has gotten a lot of questions about. "Actually, there are a lot of men claiming their wives or girlfriends made them watch the show who come up to my ex husband to praise how we’ve been able to divorce so amicably," Dolores said during a recent interview published on The Huffington Post's Blogs section. "And women come to me and ask about this, but Frank has really gotten that question and been recognized." 

Dolores briefly mentioned on RHONJ that she was recently engaged to someone else, but they decided to break up. "It never works out when a new partner does not understand the dynamics between Frank and myself," she said during the interview on The Huffington Post's Blogs. "Frank has been with his wonderful girlfriend for 12 years now and the relationship we have is great. If she can’t go somewhere with him, she’ll ask me if I’d like to attend because she completely understands it’s a friendship of 2 people who will always have kids they share [Gabrielle and Frankie]. His girlfriend not only accepts that there’s a family but she embraces it and we all have a good dynamic - all around."

Still, Dolores said she recognizes how unusual her relationship with Frank may seem to some people. "Frank and I are not married and obviously not involved beyond being good friends and co-parents as well as partners in business," she explained. "He called this morning to see how I’m doing & I sent him a pic of my butt because I just had work done yesterday - but this is completely normal for us." 
However, it took some time for Dolores to rebuild that relationship with Frank after their marriage ended. "We had a very difficult time years ago and I had a lot of pain and anger to deal with. I mean, he cheated (he is not with that woman now, Thank God) and ended up leaving us right before I was supposed to give birth," Dolores said. "It took a lot of blood, sweat and tears but we were able to work it out. It certainly wasn’t always easy or anything like it looks now."
RELATED: Real Housewives of New Jersey Star Dedicated to Making Rescue Dogs Feel Fresh and Clean

No comments:

Post a Comment