Saturday, September 17, 2016

Bethenny Frankel Explains Why She Didn't Participate in the Group Hug at the 'RHONY' Reunion


People.com:
After the smoke cleared on the final part of the Real Housewives of New York City season 8 reunion Wednesday, all of the Housewives participated in a group hug to put the drama behind them.

Well, all but Bethenny Frankel.

Yup, as Luann de Lesseps, Ramona Singer, Dorinda Medley, Sonja Morgan, Carole Radziwill and Jules Wainstein embraced one another – and Andy Cohen – the Skinnygirl mogul remained seated. 


It wasn't clever editing either. Frankel, 45, confessed all to PEOPLE Now on Friday.

"I did not hug," she told hosts Andrea Boehlke and Jeremy Parsons. "I did have strep, and I had 102-degree fever so it wasn't an option."

Frankel said she told Cohen and the Housewives why she wasn't getting up on the show – though that audio didn't make the episode's final cut.

"I remember – and you couldn't hear me saying it – I did say, 'Oh God, thank God I have strep.' So I was happy to not have hugged," Frankel admitted.

It was a brutal three-part reunion for Frankel. She had explosive fights with de Lesseps, Medley and Wainstein – and even had to prove to de Lesseps that she hadn't begun dating her boyfriend Dennis Sheilds when he was still happily married and living with his family.

The battles were so tough on Frankel, she said that she wouldn't have jumped up for a hug even if she didn't have strep.

"I don't double kiss. I don't usually group hug. But I definitely don't fake group hug," she said. "I'm not angry, it's just – I'm not fake." 
Great reunion (except for Sonja getting all bent out of shape all this time later over Dorinda understandably not inviting her to that event mid-season and Carole not admitting that she does act like a 'mean girl' when it's just her and Bethenny ) and a great season. I'm 50/50 on Luann actually going through with her wedding and hope that if they do replace Jules, they bring on somebody with

RELATED: Bethenny Frankel Opens Up About Divorce, Christie Brinkley Takes Us Inside Her Kitchen and More ICYMI

No comments:

Post a Comment