Thursday, June 9, 2016

See the Cover for Yolanda Hadid's New Book – "Believe Me: My Battle with the Invisible Disability of Lyme Disease"


People.com:
For years, Real Housewives of Beverly Hills fans have witnessed the painful battle that Yolanda Hadid (formerly Foster) has waged against Lyme disease. Now, the reality star and outspoken advocate, 52, has written a book chronicling her painful journey.

In Believe Me: My Battle with the Invisible Disability of Lyme Disease, Hadid, who filed for divorce from David Foster in January, shares personal photos and intimate details of her crusade to find a cure for the disease, which can have devastating neurological effects. Hadid recently revealed that two of her children, Anwar Hadid and Bella Hadid also suffer from Lyme. (Hadid is also the mother of supermodel Gigi Hadid).

Memorably, as Hadid fought against the disease, her health and the severity of her illness were the subjects of endless speculation by everyone from bloggers to Hadid's own Housewives costars.  


Now, the former model is opening up about her truth, and the tolls that Lyme has taken on her life, as she continues to search for answers.

"I am determined to find a cure affordable for all," Hadid tells PEOPLE exclusively. "And it has been my dream to write a book to share all the treatments, knowledge, and spiritual growth I have acquired these past five years. As I've said previously, it's my Dutch foundation that gives me the balls and courage to share my raw and unedited story with the world! By sharing my journey in this book, I hope to offer a voice and encouragement to people who are ill and find themselves struggling while uncovering the mystery of chronic disease."

The book is scheduled to be published by St. Martin's Press in February 2017.
RELATED: Yolanda Hadid’s Bikini Throwbacks: 8 Examples That Prove She’s Always Had It Going On

No comments:

Post a Comment