Thursday, May 19, 2016

Kristen Taekman on Being ‘Too Normal’ for ‘Real Housewives’


ETOnline.com:
Kristen Taekman is out of the reality TV trenches. 

“That is a really good way to put it,” the star tells ET. “I am out of the trenches. All my Army gear's off. I put the helmet down, I took off my military jacket.”

Kristen exited The Real Housewives of New York after two seasons last year. We recently caught up with the 39-year-old model at YouTube Space NY, where she joked that she was just “too normal” for reality TV. 

“I loved every minute of it,” Kristen admits. “I just don't think I really fit in! And I think that's OK … You only want so much normal. Two years of normal, people can take, but then they're like, where's the crazy, you know? She needs to drink more!”

Kristen made the choice to step away from the Bravo hit after her friend, Heather Thomson, announced she was leaving the show following its season seven finale. Kristen’s exit also came as she and her husband of 10 years, Josh, were dealing with the Ashley Madison hack. Josh’s name appeared in the data leak last fall. He has since issued a public apology.

Kristen says she and Josh have moved on from that scandal, adding that it only made them “100 percent” stronger as a couple. 

“I just feel like, you know, looking back, I know my truth, and our truth, and our relationship,” she notes. “I just feel like I'm not on a reality TV show anymore, and I don't have to explain it to anybody. So, that's kind of how I'm leaving it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment