Saturday, August 15, 2015

Lisa Vanderpump, Camille Grammer Open Up About Kim Richards: "It's a Sad Situation"


USmagazine.com:
Real talk time. Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star Lisa Vanderpump and former cast member Camille Grammer opened up to Us Weekly and other reporters on Thursday, Aug. 13, about Kim Richards, who was recently hospitalized amid ongoing struggles with sobriety.

"Well, I'm sorry Kim's not here because of the situation," Vanderpump told Us at her Hero Dog Awards Benefit Luncheon, which was held at her West Hollywood restaurant PUMP. "That's the thing. But I think her sobriety is more important than any reality show. And I think a lot of people recognize that fact and that's probably why she's not in this season."

The Vanderpump Rules star told Us that she last reached out to Richards during her stint in rehab earlier this summer. "But not since then," she noted. "I'm not that close to Kim, obviously I'm closer to Kyle. I’ve heard updates and stuff. But it's a sad situation."

Richards, 50, was arrested this past April on charges of public intoxication, battery, and resisting arrest, after she caused a scene at the Beverly Hilton. She then checked into rehab. Last month, she celebrated her first 30 days of sobriety in an interview with Entertainment Tonight.

"I went in and I got to learn a whole lot about myself," Richards told ET of treatment. "I dug deep into my past, things that happened to me as a child, good and bad, teenage years, relationships with all my loved ones, where they need to be mended, where they're very powerful. I worked on me."

Less than two weeks after that interview, on Aug. 2, the former child star was arrested when she was caught shoplifting from a Target store in California's San Fernando Valley. According to police, Richards was suspected of walking out of the retailer with nearly 100-plus items worth nearly $600 total.

Like Vanderpump, Grammer hasn't spoken to the troubled reality star recently. "I was on vacation in Hawaii. But I will reach out to her soon," the veteran RHOBH star told Us. "I mean, I feel bad for Kim. My thoughts and prayers are with her and I support her and I just want her to know I'm here for her if she needs anything."

No comments:

Post a Comment