Monday, March 30, 2015

Jacqueline Laurita Slams Woman Who Labels Autistic Children ‘Waste Of Society’s Resources’



RadarOnline.com:
The Real Housewives of New Jersey star Jacqueline Laurita has fired back against a hater of her adorable autistic son, Nicholas. 
According to the website “The Real Mr Housewife,” a woman named Jane Wong wrote a shocking comment on the online page of Autism Behavioral Services (a group that strives to improve the quality of life for children with the disorder). 
Wong reportedly asked, “Why do people give birth to autistic kids? Waste of society’s resources.” 
Laurita, whose son Nicholas was diagnosed with autism and has shared their journey on RHONJ, immediately wanted to educate the woman in an open letter. 
Laurita wrote: 
Dear Jane W(r)ong, When your appalling and uneducated post appeared on the Facebook wall of the Autism Behavioral Services page, I couldn’t believe that a human being could have such a lack of compassion and empathy for others by having the audacity to say something so vile, and so publicly, about the life of another human being. I thought to myself, ‘What a hateful, hurtful and ignorant thing to say!’ For a moment, I found your comment extremely offensive and I felt anger towards you.” 
Laurita went on to say, “I began to feel sadness for you. I have no idea what challenges in life that you have had to endure, or what kind of mental programming you’ve grown up with for you to think the way you do. 
“I began to think that maybe I could help you in some way. Maybe if I educated you, just a little, I could open up your mind into a new way of thinking and possibly open your heart to allow in a little more compassion. I believe it’s worth an effort.” 
Laurita added she is a very proud mother of a child with autism and made various points, including that there is no prenatal test that will tell you that your child will be born with the disorder and that she went through five miscarriages to finally give birth to her “miracle child,” Nicholas.
RELATED: Jacqueline Laurita: 'It's Been Positive Being Away' from Real Housewives of New Jersey

No comments:

Post a Comment