Saturday, March 21, 2015

Camille Grammer Says 'My Cancer Is in Remission and I'm Doing Really Well'


People.com:
One year and counting. That's Camille Grammer's mentality now that she's one year in remission after undergoing surgery for endometrial cancer at the end of 2013.

"I'm doing really well," she told PEOPLE on Friday while attending a charity event in Las Vegas for One Drop, an organization committed to providing worldwide access to clean water.

Now that she's in remission and no longer a primary member of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, Grammer's passion is focused on her job as the National Chair of the Foundation for Women's Cancer.

Flanked by good friends Kyle Richards and Mauricio Umansky in Las Vegas, Grammer, 46, spoke candidly about her battle with cancer, saying that she's glad she quit the Bravo reality show before her fight really began. 


"I don't think I could have filmed going through that," she said. "There's just no way."

It would be easy to get angry about her battle with the disease, but Grammar isn't going that route. She's trying to use it as a positive.

"God does things for a reason," she said. "It's very difficult to live anything so private like that in public but if I can use it as a platform to raise awareness … There are so many things bigger than ourselves out there. If I can use this to support anybody and to save lives in any way, oh my God, that's bigger than all of us. I feel blessed."

Grammer said she's in "a good place now" and doesn't miss being a regular cast member on The Real Housewives anymore.

"I love not being in the middle of the drama," she said, although she does make cameos from time to time. "It's nice to still be a part of the show to support Kyle. I really care about these girls and I miss them."
RELATED: Taylor Armstrong Is Upset With Kim Richards’ ‘RHOBH’ Behavior, Camille Grammer Weighs In On Brandi Glanville’s Input

No comments:

Post a Comment