Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Newcomer Lizzie Rovsek Talks Season 9 Of Real Housewives of Orange County


Wetpaint.com:
If you haven’t had a chance to catch the trailer for the upcoming ninth season of Real Housewives of Orange County, it’s time to get on it! The OG Housewives franchise is back and better than ever on April 14 with a pretty major cast overhaul — out with Gretchen Rossi, Alexis Bellino, and Lydia McLaughlin; in with swimwear designer Lizzie Rovsek and holistic housewife Shannon Beador. And we have to say, these ladies don’t seem to miss a beat!

Wetpaint Entertainment spoke exclusively with newbie Lizzie to get her take on what we can expect in Season 9. Here, she dishes on the cast member that insulted her, what she thinks of Vicki Gunvalson’s boyfriend Brooks, and who’s cattier: the Housewives or her fellow pageant girls.

Wetpaint Entertainment: Congrats on joining RHOC Season 9! What made you decide to sign on for the show?
Lizzie Rovsek: I was approached, so it wasn’t something I went out looking for. I was a little hesitant at first, but then I thought that maybe things happen for a reason. I decided that this could be a really fun adventure.

Having watched the show beforehand, did you have expectations for the other cast members before meeting them?
Yea. There were certain women that I thought that I would really like at first. I found that the one woman that I thought I would really hit it off with was really insulting when I met her. And then there was another Housewife that I was kind of warned against, and I ended up hitting it off with her right from the beginning! 

Which Housewife surprised you the most?
I had seen the show before, so I had an idea of what most of them were like. In the beginning, Tamra [Barney] and I really hit it off, and I had a lot of fun with her. I didn’t know if she would like me, since she’s been the one fighting on the show a lot. We actually hit it off and had a lot of fun together.

How does reality TV compare to doing pageants?
It teaches you to be confident in who you are, and it also teaches you rejection. I think the women on the show are a little more catty than the women I competed with, honestly!

Can you tell us more about that incident between Heather and Shannon at the end of the Season 9 trailer?
You’ll see in this season that Shannon’s going through some real, real stuff in her life. I think she looks to some of the other Housewives for support and friendship, and she doesn’t get that kind of support from everyone.

Have you met Vicki’s on-again-off-again boyfriend Brooks? What did you think of him?
I like Brooks, my husband likes Brooks. I’m from Kentucky, and when I hear a Southern accent it’s a little comforting. From what we’ve seen, he seems to be a very nice, laidback guy. And he seems to really love Vicki. 

Anything else we should know about Season 9?
Things change and everything’s not what it seems to be.
RELATED:  How Much Is New RHOC Housewife Lizzie Rovsek Worth?

2 comments:

  1. Didn't bother to watch, Toxic Tamra being the main reason why, followed by Vicki and Heather. All three are giant turn-offs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least she has a nice set of fun bags.

    ReplyDelete