Wednesday, April 2, 2014

5 Questions For Carole Radziwill


CharlotteObserver.com:
Carole Radziwill won multiple Emmys at ABC-TV before marrying ABC-TV producer Anthony Radziwill, the son of Jacqueline Kennedy’s younger sister Lee Bouvier Radziwill and Prince Stanislas Radziwill of Poland. Carole and Anthony were best friends with Radziwill’s cousin, John Kennedy Jr. and his wife, Carolyn. Shortly before the Radziwill’s fifth wedding anniversary, they were devastated when John and Carolyn died in a plane crash in 1999. Four weeks later, Anthony lost his five-year battle with cancer.

“What Remains,” Radziwill’s 2005 memoir about her life and coping with loss, became a New York Times best-seller. In 2011 she joined the Bravo reality TV show “The Real Housewives of New York.”

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/03/26/4796503/5-questions-for-the-real-housewives.html#storylink=cpy

Q. What do you plan to do while you’re in Charlotte?
A. I planned the book signing because I’ll be in town for three days writing a “day in the life of a NASCAR driver” for Departures magazine. I’ll be doing the NASCAR Driving Experience (at Charlotte Motor Speedway). I’m really looking forward to it. I love to drive. That’s my thing. I love to drive alone and listen to the radio. I’m a fast driver and reckless. I’m an experience and adrenaline junkie. I got that rush of adrenaline when I covered the first Gulf War and missile attacks in Afghanistan. I don’t know that much about NASCAR, so this will be my education.

Q. What was your writing process for the novel?
A. I would love to say I got up at the crack of dawn to write for three or four hours before lunch. Unfortunately, I would wake up at the crack of noon. The weeks I was inspired to write, I took notes and developed characters. Then there were weeks when I couldn’t write a single sentence. I didn’t beat myself up. I would go for a walk, read other books and live a little to be inspired.

Q. Which was harder to write, the memoir or the novel?
A. They are both about loss and dealing with loss. My memoir ended with the death of my husband. In the novel, the husband dies in the first chapter in a funny way (a Giacometti sculpture falls onto him). I thought it would be easier to make stuff up, but it’s harder. You become filled with self-doubt because you know one false note in the novel and the reader gets pulled out of the story.

Q. Do you have to do your own hair and makeup for “Real Housewives?”
A. Yes, we have to do it ourselves. I mean I have a guy who does my makeup sometimes, but we pay for it ourselves. My hair is a work in progress. I just dyed it blond. I needed a change, but I think I’m going to keep it for a while. Boys really do like blond hair. I’m a brunette/dirty blonde in my soul, though. Everything I wear on the show is mine. We go away on a lot of fun trips this year. Out West in Montana I wear a lot of vintage long, silk dresses. I’m really looking to introduce color into my wardrobe. I’m a New Yorker, so I have lots of black in my closet.

Q. What’s your best dating tip for women?
A. Zip it. Do not talk too much. There’s a reason (there’s a stereotype) that men like that. It’s because it makes you seem mysterious. You have to maintain your mystery. 
RELATED:  N.Y. Housewives are locked in nasty feud

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/03/26/4796503/5-questions-for-the-real-housewives.html#storylink=cpy

6 comments:

  1. My questions for Carole! Why do you embarrass your family by doing this show? Do you get up at noon because of a drinking problem? Should you admit your a reckless driver?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read her book& made me teary.what a lose,3 people close to gone in 3 wks.my prayers&heart go out to her.she's the only true one beside heather.watch new girl gone be good too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This chick needs a long, hard ride on the baloney pony. Way uptight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carole don't listen to these jealous people!! I adore you,heather,&kristian now.crazy eyes,sonja(old hoe),and avia tryen make a story line.how dare she say anything about carole.she's loken for drama.your better then that&we all see.I admire how you found strength thru such horible times.best to you!! Lots out here rooten for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone has at some point horrible things happen to them but they don't capitalize on it and write a story for cash! The women is crass and needs to spend some of that cash on braces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fix your fucking teeth Bucky!

      Delete